Who we are
The British Society for Rheumatology is the professional organisation for rheumatoid and musculoskeletal medical and long term conditions. Our members are made up of the whole multi-disciplinary team: consultant rheumatologists, trainees, specialised nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, psychologists and GPs with special interest in rheumatology.
We support clinicians at all levels to deliver the highest quality rheumatology care - in the UK and abroad - by providing:
| An authoritative voice collectively representing rheumatology in the formulation and implementation of policy at local, regional, national and international levels |
| An information service providing continuous updates on developments in rheumatology practice as well as a comprehensive knowledge archive and evidence base |
| A professional network linking our members across all boundaries to continuously improve professional practice and clinical standards |
| A learning hub which gives our members access to a wide range of learning opportunities, in a variety of formats, to help them develop their clinical and professional knowledge |
| A range of services to help our members manage their professional affairs |
- An annual scientific meeting to advance knowledge and practice
- Education courses to further professional development
- Promoting, and pushing for sound health policies, and robust standards of care
- Clinical guidelines on a wide range of musculoskeletal conditions
- A register to monitor long-term safety of biologic agents for patients with rheumatoid arthritis
- An international peer-reviewed journal covering the full spectrum of rheumatological conditions
- A number of prizes and awards to reward innovative work
For more information on our current aims and objectives see our strategic plan
or read our latest annual reviews
BSR, in its relationships with the pharmaceutical industry, operates with the highest ethical standards and wishes for all its financial arrangements with industry to be clearly defined, recorded, and transparent.
View BSR policy on relationship with the pharmaceutical industry.
BSR has a very active secretariat, which oversees the day-to-day running of the organisation.View BSR's secretariat.