BSR Mentoring Scheme
BSR is launching a mentoring scheme aimed to help rheumatologists to gain valuable experience, knowledge and advice from experienced colleagues.
We will be opening up this opportunity to BSR members working in the UK.
A variety of mentors will be available to team up with, who are based in all regions of the UK.
Benefits of the Scheme
• Opportunities to have confidential discussion with experienced colleagues
• Gain ideas to improve services
• Learn from experiences in other regions
• Career development and support
• Advice on resolving barriers
• Focus your energies on what matters to you and your patients
• Improve your productivity
• Tips on work/life balance
Mentors currently available in the regions:
London - Central, North East, South
South East Coast
Mentors will soon be available in all UK regions.
If you are interested in working with a mentor then contact BSR for a list of available mentors in your region.
• You will then be asked to select a first and second choice and to sumbit a copy of your CV.
• If the applicant indicates that none of the mentors in their region are suitable then BSR will release the mentor list in neighbouring regions.
• BSR will notify your first choice of mentor and send them a copy of your CV.
• It is anticipated that you will meet with your mentor up to three times a year.
• The content and focus of mentoring meetings, and the details of when and where such meetings take place are to be decided by the mentor and applicant.
• BSR will reimburse travel for the parties and provide use of BSR room if requested.
• BSR will ask you to complete a feedback form concerning the value of the process. The content of the meeting remains confidential.