The Garrod Prize is open to scientists with a non-clinical background currently working in rheumatology or related discipline. The prize is awarded for excellence in scientific research in the field of rheumatology.
Who can apply:
Applicants do not have to be a member to apply, however non-members will need to seek a BSR member to sponsor their application. Applicants are expected to have less than 10 years experience in research activities.
The role of the sponsor:
Non-members will require a sponsor to support and verify your application. Your sponsor must be a member of BSR. If you are having trouble finding a sponsor please contact email@example.com and we can look at putting you in touch with someone from your organisation.
Alternatively, you can become a member and automatically be eligible.
All sponsors are required to complete the 'sponsor's declaration form with their name, membership number and short paragraph to explain why they are sponsoring the application. The 'sponsors declaration' form will need to be submitted along with the required documents.
How to apply:
You are only required to submit:
- Your full CV
- Three to five published papers on a related subject
- An explanation of your contribution to the work
- Sponsor declaration form if you are not a BSR member. Download here.
The winner will receive:
- Garrod Trophy
- £500 prize cheque
- Certificate of achievement
- Complimentary registration to the Annual conference 2019
- Opportunity to present your work during a plenary session at the Annual conference
- Research will be published in Rheumatology journal.
The deadline to submit applications has now passed.