Funding possibilities available to rheumatology health professionals
John Glyn bursaries in rheumatology
The bursaries, in memory of the rheumatologist
Dr John Glyn, were founded in 2006 by his family. Their purpose is to support the travel and other costs associated with a visit to another centre in the UK or abroad, for the purpose of learning new clinical or research techniques relevant to rheumatology, and to bring these back to the initial UK centre.
The application deadline is
Friday 1 July 2016. For more information on the John Glyn bursaries, please visit the
Royal College of Physicians website.
BSR-MSD travel bursaries 2015
MSD has offered to provide sponsorship, in the form of travel bursaries for BSR members interested in attending the following international congresses:
- EULAR Annual European Congress of Rheumatology 2015
- American College of Rheumatology Annual Meeting 2015
This programme aims to enhance candidates’ skills, knowledge and networks within the field of rheumatology.
The bursaries are open to consultant rheumatologists in their first two years post appointment and trainee rheumatologists in their final year of specialist training. Applicants must be fully paid-up members of the British Society for Rheumatology on the date of the application deadline.
Ten bursaries of £1,000 for attendance to EULAR have been awarded.
The applications for the six bursaries of £1,500 are currently being assessed.
Those that are successful will receive up to £1500 for their attendance at the American College of Rheumatology Annual Meeting, San Francisco 6–11 November 2015.Each bursary can be refunded for:
- The cost of registration for the American College of Rheumatology Annual Meeting 2015
- Up to six nights’ bed and breakfast accommodation
- Economy class travel expenses
Application deadline passed on
Friday 7 August 2015. The successful applicants will be informed by
Friday 4 September 2015.
Please note that:
- Receipts must be submitted for all claims, within one month of returning from the congress
- Expense claims are limited to registration, accommodation and economy class travel. Additional expenses are not covered by the bursaries
Click here to read the full terms.