This course focuses on the clinical skills and knowledge required for specialist nurses to provide excellent care within rheumatology.
Basic-to-intermediate level, ideally suited to early-career clinical nurse specialists and allied health professionals in rheumatology.
Taught through interactive lectures, offering clinical and non-clinical skills with a focus on treating spondyloarthritis. Topics include assessments and scoring, biologics and DMARDS and communication skills.
- Recognise key clinical, social and economic drivers behind spondyloarthropathy treatment strategies
- Employ effective communication skills in various relevant clinical settings, including online environments
- Demonstrate practical abilities in the assessment of patients with spondyloarthropathic disease for monitoring of disease progression and long-term complications
- Interpret abnormal blood tests encountered in common clinical encounters for rheumatology nurses and, dependent on experience, formulate initial management strategies for patients with abnormal blood tests
- Understand current guidance on COVID-19 care in the rheumatology setting