This course focuses on the clinical skills and knowledge required for experienced specialist nurses to provide excellent care within rheumatology.
Taught at an advanced level, this course is ideally suited to clinical nurse specialists and allied health professionals in rheumatology working at an experienced level.
Taught through interactive lectures, offering clinical and non-clinical skills with a focus on treating vasculitis.
- Recognise the key clinical, social and economic drivers behind vasculitis treatment strategies
- Employ effective clinical history taking skills in various relevant clinical settings, including virtual environments
- Demonstrate practical abilities in the assessment of disease progression and long-term complications of vasculitis
- Formulate a personal and service engagement strategy to enhance and support advanced practice development utilising the national RCN competency framework and other relevant resources and training opportunities
- Identify important clinical features of vasculitis relevant to rheumatology nurses in day-to-day clinical encounters, including red flags and dermatological manifestations