A one-day education course for physiotherapists and other allied health professionals featuring key themes professionals need to know when working in rheumatology.
This course offers need-to-know education for allied health professionals. Get an update on the essentials needed to deliver top-quality care, but that aren't always covered in day-to-day practice.
This course provides an opportunity to learn from your peers and showcase the role and value of your professional group to the rest of the MDT.
- Using GIRFT and audit recommendations to improve service delivery
- Assessment of rare conditions
- Understanding blood tests and interpreting results
- Investigations and imaging
- Hot topics in rheumatology
- Interactive session on 'challenges in practice'
1. To consider the role of the AHP through the patient pathway from pre-diagnosis to long-term condition management
2. To explore advanced AHP roles and consider your own professional development, creating a network of support and avenues to pursue as and when time for development might occur
3. To have up to date, evidence-based information on hot topics in rheumatology including sleep and fatigue management, exercise science, osteoporosis management and the GIRFT report