Honorary Heberden Librarian
BSR is seeking applicants for the post of Honorary Heberden Librarian.The post is open to members of BSR and the successful applicant will be appointed via an interview process to take up the post from the AGM 2015 for five years until 2020.
The Heberden Librarian, an honorary officer of BSR and a non-voting member of Council, will be required to:
• act as a curator of the Heberden Library
• purchase new and historical publications for the library
• administer the Heberden Library fund
• present a report at BSR AGM
• provide reports to and attend BSR Council and other society meetings as required
• publicise the library
• work closely with the RCP and the Wellcome Collection to manage the library collection
• advise on selection of items to be displayed in rotating display at Bride House
• maintain the new catalogue and maintain the Heberden Historical Archive
• develop new initiatives
If you wish to apply for this post please complete this form
along with your CV and a covering letter detailing why you should be appointed to Teresa Dudley
. Please write “Honorary Heberden Librarian Vacancy” in the subject line.
Deadline for receiving applications is Friday 28 November
. Please note you will need to attend an interview on Thursday 29 January 2015 in London.
If you wish to have an informal discussion about the requirements of the role please contact Professor David GI Scott
More information on the library is available at here