Head of Policy
£40,000 - £45,000 per annum + benefits
We are looking for a highly-motivated candidate who has experience of policy development in health or social care, and a strong track record in stakeholder management and communication.
This is a varied role situated in the BSR Clinical Affairs Directorate and the successful candidate will work with the Director of Clinical Affairs to:
- Lead and develop evidence-based policy initiatives to support members, influence external stakeholders and highlight the importance of rheumatology.
- Develop constructive working relationships with key stakeholders, including NHS England, MPs and Peers, research bodies, medical charities, specialist societies and colleges.
- Publish and disseminate policy documents, briefings, campaign materials and consultation responses, using a variety of communication channels to enhance engagement with members and other stakeholders.
To view the job description and person specification, please click here:
Head of Policy JD - June 2014 - FINAL.docx
To apply, please submit a 2-page CV and 1-page covering letter, outlining your experience and how you meet the criteria, to
The closing date for applications is midday on
Monday 21 July.
Standards, Audit and Guidelines Working Group member
Want to influence practice and improve standards of care?
The Standards, Audit and Guidelines Working Group (a subcommittee of the BSR Clinical Affairs Committee) has a vacancy. The successful candidate will be involved in:
- Overseeing the development and updating of high quality standards, NICE-accredited guidelines and associated audit tools
- Supporting the active dissemination of standards, guidelines and audit tools to members
- Encouraging and supporting members to embed these in their practice
The group meets twice a year and holds additional teleconferences as required. The term of office is three years. All applicants must be BSR members and you will need to be proposed by a member of BSR (of at least one year).
The closing date is
Monday 21 July 2014 and
further information about our clinical guidelines can be found here.
For more information, please contact: Jo Ledingham, SAGWG Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ali Rivett, Director of Clinical Affairs (email@example.com).
Declaration of interest statement