Annual Conference is the leading gathering of rheumatology professionals in the UK and provides a platform for learning and sharing. Packed full of best practice, the latest research and new developments, submissions are now open for you to help shape 2020's conference.
The conference is for everyone from all rheumatology disciplines, so we need you to help make 2020 our best event yet. Whether you’re a trainee, health professional, nurse, doctor or academic, we want to hear from you about what you’d like to see on the programme.
BSR’s Heberden Committee is responsible for developing the programme and is predominantly guided by the ideas suggested. You can submit a topic idea here or via the conference app. Below we have some top tips and advice on how to get started with a submission.
Why submit an idea or abstract?
- Don’t see what you want on the conference programme? Whether it’s a session on something simple or more obscure – this is your chance to ask for it
- Personal and career development – your abstract might be accepted for an oral presentation or a poster tour. All accepted abstracts are published in Rheumatology
- Fill the gaps in your knowledge – improve your clinical practice by requesting a session about a topic that you want to learn more about.
- Share your thoughts and ideas on a larger platform – you may have the opportunity to present your work to peers from across the UK
- You could win a prize – abstracts are peer-reviewed and scored by committee with prizes for the winners in different categories
Our top tips and advice:
- You don’t need to be an academic to make a submission – the conference is for everyone and we cover a broad spectrum
- Your idea doesn’t need to fully-formed - it can be just a thought about a topic you’d like to see or a speaker you’ve seen elsewhere which could benefit a rheumatology audience
- We need a wide range of sessions from practical to theoretical – from improving your CV, the secrets of leadership or the latest guidelines update – the possibilities are endless
- Use 2019’s conference to help spark your ideas - perhaps you’ve seen something and you’d like it more in-depth for next year or a topic that needs a different perspective
- It’s important that we showcase best practice and innovation from across the UK, so we always welcome submissions from all four nations
You have until 7 June to submit your session ideas. Submissions for abstracts open in August. We’re looking forward to hearing all your suggestions for making our next conference our most pioneering and diverse yet.